17 December 2010

i had this dream


"i had this dream everything around me was bleu cheese
and i was lactose-intoleranted to death"
Words, words, words. I can't tell where one string of words starts and the next begins. Maybe they're all parts of a web and there's no use in trying to separate them, to cull the meaningful from the meaningless.
Sargassum. Sessile. Serendipity. Saccharine, scintillate, stark, stork, scepter, psalm, stringent. I want to be in the sea.
Hey, John Mortara. I'm lactose-intolerant, too. Sick.
When I was growing up, I had friends, a brother and sister, who were lactose-intolerant. I always wondered why. As a kid, I never drank milk, but I didn't have any problems with it, either. Only in the past couple of years have I experienced a sensitivity to cow's milk. Like I said, I don't drink milk (the only dairy I get is in the form of parmesan and sharp cheddar cheese, plain yogurt, chocolate ice cream, and half-and-half in the coffee I don't drink). Anyway.
I'm not really into poems about poetry. It's like rock music about rock 'n' roll, you know? But dreams, words woven like lace, and bleu cheese - these things I get.

No comments: