30 March 2011

home

...is where I want to be, but I guess I'm already there.
-Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

I'm obsessed with, absorbed in, propelled by the idea of home.

Home is roots, is comfort, is stability. Is being planted.


I went home home for the tail end of spring break and my mother's birthday. It was delightful. The hills are green and will, thanks to all the rain, stay that way for a while.


Birthday breakfast toast.


Now I am back home at school, cozy in my beloved room.

What do you associate with home?

5 comments:

geneviève bjargardóttir said...

your wall decorations are amazing.
maps + bird-prints <3

maya said...

i love them!

Stacy said...

Great photos and Happy Birthday to your Mom.
I love the center print on the top row of your bedroom.
What do I associate with home? The North Shore Mountains and my bed.

Barb said...

Home is the familar, beloved artwork on the walls that represents people and places in my life.

maya said...

oh, how nice!