- what is the good thing about kitties that possesses them all of the same smell - especially the long-haired black ones? this time when i came home to my parents' house for a visit it was to find a certain "city kitty" or "intruder" or "princess" (depending on who's talking) has adopted my family, and it didn't take her long to warm to me. her warmth is comforting as the wind swirls around trying to drag the half moon down over the lake & into the sea...
- i love the sound of "twenty-twelve": three syllables so much
easier on the tongue than "two thousand eleven." twenty's so much more casual, yeah? makes me think there's a lot more room for play. plus even numbers seem more approachable than odd ones. i don't feel one way or
the other that it's going to be a "good one" or a "tough one" - i'm just excited to be alive & awake. yesssssssss!
- last december i dubbed 2011 the year of the radical; now of course i want to make another prophecy. there's no way i'm going to be able to
come up with such a spot-on one for 2012, but i'm going with the
year of youth - for claiming youth, for inhabiting youth & for youth
- i swear i am poemstoned. all these words having their effects on me. anyway, starting today i am doing this: a piece of art every day for a month! anyone can do it! everyone's invited!
- my resolution: i'm growing out my hair because i honestly have no idea what it looks like long and natural and i'm curious.
wishing a joyful & inspired new year to all!